3C CATENE has concluded an important energy efficiency project started in July 2022.
After an initial phase of analysis of company consumption, to identify the most energy-intensive lines on which to intervene, the project strategy was outlined which involved:
- Elimination of the gas resource for heating in favour of a new (hot-cool) heat pump air conditioning system.
- The replacement of the cooling system of the production machinery with a new generation one
- Installation of a photovoltaic system on the roof of the building
At present the interventions have made it possible to :
- reduce electrical process costs by about 23%
- obtain self-generation of electricity equivalent to 55% of the company’s needs
- Completely eliminate gas consumption as an energy resource
Satisfied with the result obtained, the project also allows us to continue our entrepreneurial policy of having a production process with very low environmental impact.
Every year we produce about 7 million meters of chain with the use of very few resources :
- 0 m3 of heating gas
- 100,000 kwh of electricity taken from the grid
- 190 m3 of water
- 210 litres of oils
and producing only
- 1000 kg of waste
For us, therefore, sustainability is not just a word that is fashionable today but we really believe in it!